How do I Create an Email Alias?
An email alias is a virtual mail box for a domain, which routes emails to another address directly without storing them. An alias can be created only by the root user.
To create an email alias, please follow these steps:
- Open a browser window go to: http://mail.yourdomainname.com
- Login as firstname.lastname@example.org with the password supplied in your setup email.
- From the Domain Settings menu select Email Aliases.
- Click Add Alias.
- Enter the following information:
- Alias Name — enter the name for the alias.
- Emails — enter the email address(es) which will receive the routed email messages (only one email address per line)
- Click Save.